play it by ear
Meaning | Synonyms:
- act without preparation
- to let things go as they may
- determined on the circumstances
- according to the demand of the situation
- Rather than adopting a new academic strategy, the principal decided to play it by ear.
- I don’t know what I will do when she will come in front of me. Let’s just play it by ear.
- I am not sure whether my plan will work or not, so let just play it by ear.
- Jane said that she has to play it by ear because she is not sure where to go tomorrow morning.
- It’s hard to know how the situation will develop. Let’s just play it by ear.
- We can play it by ear and decide where to meet later.
- Question: Hey, Bob are you coming to play the baseball this Sunday?
Answer: I am not sure Nobita, let’s play it by ear.